Saturday, August 14, 2010

4th Day of Ramadan, Richardson

Saturday, August 14, 2010
4th Day of Ramadan

Another beautiful day, though 100F, a record heat in Dallas over 100F for nearly two weeks straight, it was bearable though.

Rashid Dara had invited me to join for the Iftaar at FunAsia, in celebration of Pakistan independence day, several people that I had not seen in a few years were there for the Iftaar. The food at Fun Asia has always been good, and the Chef Alibhai has always respected me and usually chats with me and makes special food. I have known him for nearly 16 years.

Of course, I have always considered Fun Asia as my place, as it reflects the values of inclusion and a community center for the Subcontinentians. Dr. Farrukh Hamid and I have been friends and he likes the Pluralism work I do.

Dr. Amer Suleman jumped at the idea of visiting a mosque a day and I will catch up with him tomorrow as I will be visiting the Ahmadiyya Mosque in Allen for Iftaar. Irfan and Samina Ali are going to be attending the Unity Day on September 12th.

~~~

Of course, today is Anand Bazaar, Dallas Indian's celebration of Independence day at Lone Star park in Grand Praire, a mega big huge giant event. Nearly 20,000 People attend the event annualy. I used to be very involved in it, but for the last four years, I have become a mere visitor and I kind of like that. The spirit of freedom sours and all afternoon I have been playing the Patriotic Indian Songs. The Fire works at Anand Bazaar is fantastic.

No comments: