Friday, August 13, 2010

First day of Ramadan at Fox Studios

First day of Ramadan - August 11, 2010

I walked into the Fox Studios at 7:30 PM at 1201 Main, Dallas, Texas. It was on the 24th Floor and the Cameraman offered me a glass of cold water, which I kept on the table in the waiting room.

At 8:05 he got me on the seat and did all the audio video checking... powdered the forehead to cut down the shining.

I was carrying the bottle and set it on the table next to me. He kept looking at it, and offered another bottle if the water was not cold. I told him the water was fine but I was going to take a sip around 8:20 PM... I saw the puzzled look on his face, then I explained to him about the month of Ramadan and fasting. He was cool.

At 8:20 I took the sip and broke my fast for the day. Got back home and went straight to Taco Cabana to eat my dinner.
Mike Ghouse is a speaker on Islam and Pluralism offering pluralistic solutions to the media and the public on issues of the day. His blogs and sites are listed at www.MikeGhouse.net

No comments: